Quick Guide on Endpoint Agent
For a quick start guide to getting started with Endpoint Agent, see the sections below on prerequisites, deployment, recording and viewing data, and creating reports. Click the embedded links to learn more about specific topics.
If you have any firewalls or proxies in the networks you want to use Endpoint Agents in, or questions on supported Endpoint Agent platforms and browsers, see the prerequisites documentation: Endpoint Agent Installation FAQ.
- 1.Configure the networks you want to monitor.Specify the IPs/subnets that represent the public IPs of the egress locations you want to limit monitoring to; or use 0.0.0.0/0 for any network. Then click Next.
- 2.Choose the domains you want to monitor automatically. To gather Endpoint Agent access metrics for this profile, check Collect periodic network statistics. Then click Next.
- 3.Download the Endpoint Agent installer for the operating system(s) you want to install on.For detailed instructions on how to deploy to a large number of machines via software distribution tools, see the Endpoint Agent Installation documentation.
- 4.Double-click the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions to install both the Endpoint Agent application and the browser extension.
- 5.[Chrome only]The ThousandEyes extension will appear in the toolbar.
- 6.[IE only]You may need to explicitly allow the use of this extension upon the next run of the browser.To view the Endpoint Agent extension, go to View > Toolbars > Command bar.
Data collected by Endpoint Agents installed within your organization will be available under Views > Endpoint Data. If you are just getting started with Endpoint Agents, the following message may display:
There are no active monitoring profiles configured. Go to [Endpoint Agent Settings](https://app.thousandeyes.com/settings/agents/endpoint/) to create one.
You can use the following ways to view Endpoint Agent data in the ThousandEyes platform:
Open your Chrome/IE browser and browse web domains configured within your Monitoring Profiles. Endpoint Agents gather web and network layer data for Monitoring Profiles from within monitored networks under Views > Endpoint Agents.
For manual recording of a website, click the ThousandEyes Endpoint Agent browser extension to start recording. To stop recording, click it again (or close the browser tab).