Install the Endpoint Agent Browser Extension
This section assumes you have installed the Endpoint Agent, but have not installed the browser extensions.
The following sections explain the procedure to install browser extension interactively. You can refer the Endpoint Agent Installation Reference to know more about the silent installation (via command-line) of the browser extensions.
The ThousandEyes Endpoint Agent browser extension is not discoverable from the Google Chrome store. The link in step one must be used to access it (if Google Chrome doesn't automatically direct you there.
Installing the browser extension requires access to the Google Web Store. If access to the store is blocked, the following URL will need to be approved:
If you are deploying Endpoint Agents using the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (previously the System Center Configuration Manager or SCCM), ThousandEyes recommends deploying the Google Chrome browser extension from Google Workspace.
To install the Google Chrome extension:
- 1.Optional: If Google Chrome is installed after the Endpoint Agent is installed, navigate to the web store; otherwise, skip to step two:
- 2.Click Add to Chrome.
- 3.Review the security dialog and click Add extension.
- 4.A notification bubble will appear in the top right of the browser window once installation is complete. After the bubble has appeared, restart the browser.
To install the Internet Explorer browser extension:
- 1.Open Internet Explorer. On first launch after the Endpoint Agent is installed, a prompt window will appear to enable the extension.
- 2.Click the Enable button in the banner at the bottom of the page.Note: If the prompt is not visible, navigate to Settings -> Manage Add-Ons and right click on Start/Stop Recording with Endpoint Agent and click Enable.
To install the Microsoft Edge browser extension:
- 2.Click Get.
- 3.Click Add extension.
Once installed, the ThousandEyes icon will appear in the toolbar.