Endpoint Agent Local Networks View
This article provides an overview of the Local Networks view. The view covers local network and wireless access connectivity for the Endpoint Agent.
Local Networks Network Access View
The Local Networks view can be broken into three sections:
- The Views list contains a list of all available views for Endpoint Agents. This includes the Local Networks view outlined in this article.
- The primary section contains the Snapshot Selector, Global Filters, Metric Selector, Timeline, and Timeline Range Selector.
The sections below outline the primary and secondary sections of the view.
The Snapshot Selector is a drop-down menu of all saved Endpoint Agent snapshots. For more information on snapshots, see Endpoint Agent Test Snapshots.
The Global Filters are a set of dynamic drop-down menus that allow users to drill down into the data presented in the Local Networks view. These filters allow users to configure which agents they see data from, as well as specify details including which destinations, gateways, and VPN vendors to focus on.
The Metric Selector is a drop-down menu that lists the available metrics to display in the timeline.
The Timeline is the primary focus of all Endpoint Agent views. It shows test data from the last 30 days, or the length of time the test has been enabled (whichever is the lesser value). The data shown on the timeline can be manipulated by selecting the time range shortcuts, by clicking within the timeline to select a particular round of data, or by highlighting a range within the timeline, using the Time Range Selector.
The Time Range Selector allows users to customize the window the Timeline focuses on, by moving the highlighted section to the desired date, and increasing/reducing the size of the highlighted time range as necessary. This area of focus can be between 24 hours and 14 days long.
The Detailed Metrics tabs are a dynamic set of additional views that provide users with varying perspectives on the same data, allowing them to navigate through and dive into the data in the way that best suits their needs. These views include:
- The Network Topology tab displays how Endpoint Agents are connected to their gateways, proxies, DNS servers, and VPN terminators.
- The Table tab provides a detailed breakdown of the metrics collected per agent for the selected time interval.
- The Endpoint Table and BSSID Table tabs display a tabulated view of Endpoint Agent focused wireless metrics.