Disable, Restart, or Uninstall the Enterprise Agent via DCNM
This article contains the steps to either disable, restart, or uninstall a ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent via DCNM.
Enterprise Agents must be disabled before they can be uninstalled.
To temporarily disable a running ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent, open the ThousandEyes Agent drop-down menu, and select Stop. The status will then update:
Once stopped, the agent can be restarted by opening the ThousandEyes Agent drop-down menu, and select Start. The status will then return to Running.
To uninstall an Enterprise Agent via DCNM, there are four steps:
- 2.Uninstall the Enterprise Agent from the switch.
- 3.Delete the identity configuration file.
- 4.Delete the Enterprise Agent from the ThousandEyes web app.
Step 1 is covered in an earlier section. Steps 2-4 are covered below.
Open the ThousandEyes Agent drop-down menu, and select Uninstall. A confirmation message will pop up to confirm the choice. Click Ok to uninstall the agent from the switch:
If you are replacing the existing switch with a new switch, but wish to keep the same Enterprise Agent, do not continue this process. You can reinstall the Enterprise Agent on the new switch using the existing identity configuration file. However, if you complete this step, a new Enterprise Agent will be created.
To delete the Enterprise Agent identity:
- 1.Click the Play button.
- 1.Open the drop-down list and select ThousandEyes_Agent_Identity_Delete.
- 1.Click Deploy to delete the agent identity.
- 1.In the ThousandEyes web app, navigate to Cloud & Enterprise Agents > Agent Settings.
- 2.Find the desired agent, and click the three dots icon at the end of the row.
- 3.Select Delete.
- 4.In the pop-out panel, click Delete to confirm removing the agent from the ThousandEyes web app.
The Enterprise Agent is now completely uninstalled and removed from ThousandEyes.