Installing Enterprise Agents on Cisco Nexus Switches with Guestshell
This article covers the steps to install a ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent on supported Cisco Nexus 9000 series switches running NXOS, using the guestshell and the Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM).
- A Cisco Nexus 9300 or 9500 series switch running NXOS version 9.3.(7a) or higher, excluding version 10.1.
- DCNM version 11.5.3 or higher (for switches managed via DCNM).
Follow the steps below to install an agent using the DCNM:
- 1.Log into the DCNM.
- 2.Navigate to Control > ThousandEyes > Configure.
- 3.Configure the relevant agent settings:
- Account Group Token
- DNS Domain
- DNS Server IPs
- NTP Server IPs
- Enable Proxy
- Proxy information (Proxy-server:port)
- Proxy Bypass
- 4.Once all relevant options are configured, click the Enable ThousandEyes Agent Installation check box, and then click Save.
ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent configuration can be overridden at a fabric level. To override the configuration settings:
- 1.Navigate to Control > Fabrics > Fabric Builder.
- 2.Click on the Gear icon of the existing fabric to open the Edit window:
- 3.On the ThousandEyes Agent tab, update the configuration options for switches in this fabric:
- 4.Once any override configurations are complete, click Save, and exit the window.
- 1.From the Control > Fabrics > Fabric Builder page, click on the relevant fabric card, and navigate to the Tabular view.
- 2.In the Tabular view, you can see all switches added to this fabric. Select the relevant switch, open the ThousandEyes Agent drop-down menu, and select Install:
Your installation process is now complete.
The ThousandEyes Agent status will now update to Running in DCNM:
Once your Enterprise Agents have been installed, you can start to build out the tests, alerts, dashboards, and reports, that will allow you to monitor your entire environment. The articles below provide information on where to get started, and your next steps.