Your unit consumption per billing period is dependent on how you set up your scheduled tests, and how many times you run an instant test. Every time a test is scheduled to run, or every time you run an instant test, the units associated with that test are deducted from your monthly allowance. The units associated with a test vary depending on the way the test is set up (see Calculating Units). Unit consumption information is accessible to users with the View organization usage permission, by navigating in the app to Account Settings > Usage and Billing > Usage.
ThousandEyes provides a calculator for customers to determine the cost of a test based on the inputs: https://app.thousandeyes.com/calculator. Note that the usage calculator is not available on the menu, only through the URL. See Calculating Units for more information about how the unit calculator works.
Users who have the View organization usage permission can view both to-date usage and usage projected to the end of the billing period. To do so, go to Account Settings > Usage and Billing > Usage . For organizations that have multiple accounts, administrators can view a breakdown on an account-by-account basis.
Projected usage is calculated by taking the current amount of units consumed during the current billing cycle and adding to it the current rate of unit consumption x the remaining days in the billing cycle. This usage projection changes if test configurations change in a way that alters the rate of unit consumption. You can find your current projected usage at Account Settings > Usage and Billing > Usage .
The billing contact and Organization Admins for the organization will be notified by email when any of the following are true:
- When projected usage for the month reaches 100%, we will not allow you to set up new scheduled tests, or re-configure existing tests in a way that increases unit consumption.
- If actual usage for the month still reaches 100% (i.e. through the use of a large number of instant tests), we will disable scheduled tests to stop unit consumption.
- Overage billing policies vary by customer. Normally, usage is capped to prevent overages. If you need additional flexibility to allow for overages, talk to your ThousandEyes account team. See Overages for more information about overages.
- Quotas cannot be set lower than the currently consumed units for the billing period.
- For tests running on enterprise agents, units are counted against the quota of the account group that owns the enterprise agent, not the account group that owns the test.
Yes. Like any other test, an instant test uses units to run which will be deducted from your monthly unit allowance.
Only tests run on Enterprise Agents and Cloud Agents accrue units in a usage consumption model. Other products, such as Endpoint Agents and Internet Insights, are charged on a per-license basis.
The Account Settings > Usage and Billing > Usage tab displays the number of currently active licenses for both Endpoint Agents and Internet Insights as well as the number you are entitled to use from your plan.