Setting Up Alert Rules for Internet Insights
To set up alerts for Internet Insights:
- 1.Go to Alerts > Alert Rules.
- 2.On the Internet Insights tab, click Add New Alert Rule.
- 3.In the dialog that opens, configure the alert rule on the Settings tab.
- Affected Tests can be any test owned by any account group within your organization, or choose specific tests.
- 4.Use Alert Conditions to specify thresholds. Options are:
- Affected Applications: Choose from a list to include or exclude. You must have licensed the corresponding application package in order to receive alerts on those specific applications.
- Affected Domains: Enter a domain to include or exclude, for example google.com.
- Affected Servers Count: Specify a threshold.
- Affected Tests Count: Specify a threshold.
- ASN: Enter an Autonomous System Network (ASN) number to include or exclude.
- Outage Error Type: Choose error types to include or exclude (DNS, HTTP, Network, or SSL options).
- Server Locations: Choose from a list of server locations to include or exclude.
- Server Locations Count: Specify a minimum number of affected server locations.
- 6.Click Save Alert Rule.
You don’t have to associate Internet Insights alert rules explicitly with a test. The rule is operational as soon as it is saved.