ThousandEyes supports sending alert notifications to ServiceNow Event Management Services using the ThousandEyes webhook alert notification and the ServiceNow Event Connector for ThousandEyes.
To set up the event connector, there are steps in the ServiceNow platform as well as steps in the ThousandEyes platform.
Create the OAuth application registry for external API endpoints:
- 1.Go to All > System OAuth > Application Registries and click New.
- 2.Select Create an OAuth API endpoint for external clients.
- 3.In the resulting form, copy the auto-generated Client ID. You will use this value in the steps you perform in the ThousandEyes platform.
- 4.In the Redirect URL field, enter the ThousandEyes URL
With this method of integrating with ServiceNow, you must manually re-configure the Access and Refresh tokens when their lifespans expire. Consult your ServiceNow administrator about an advisable duration for these tokens.
Do the following in the ThousandEyes platform:
- 1.Create a new alert rule. Alternatively, you can use an existing rule whose alerts you want to push to ServiceNow.
- 3.In the Edit Webhooks dialog, set the URL field to the ServiceNow Event Connector endpoint. For information on the ServiceNow Event Connector endpoint, see the ServiceNow documentation about the Event Connector for ThousandEyes. For example, the ServiceNow Event Connector might resemble acmeinc.service-now.com.api/sn_em_connector/em/inbound
- 4.Set the Auth Type field to OAuth, and set the following fields:
- Grant Type:
- Auth URL:
- Client ID: The value obtained in the ServiceNow platform when you created an OAuth API endpoint for external clients.
- 5.Click Get Token.
- 6.[Optional] To assign severity to your alert rule:
- 1.Select your webhook from the Send notifications to dropdown, and click Add Custom Payload.
- 2.In the Key field, enter Severity.
- 3.In the Value field, enter the ServiceNow severity you want to assign to alerts resulting from this alert rule. For information on ThousandEyes alert severity levels, see Alert Rule Severity.