A test template is a suite of ThousandEyes resources designed for monitoring a target, based on the best practices for that particular type of target.
The ThousandEyes platform offers test templates for common use cases such as monitoring a web server, as well as for popular third-party applications such as Cisco Webex. When you use a test template, you can quickly deploy ThousandEyes resources - tests, labels, alert rules, and dashboards - that are designed for what you need.
- PermissionsTo view and deploy test templates, you must have the following permissions:
- API access
- Edit alert rules
- Edit labels
- Edit dashboards for all users in account group
- Edit Test Templates
- Edit tests
- View Test Templates
- UnitsYour ThousandEyes account must have sufficient units available for deploying new tests. For more information about ThousandEyes units, see About Usage Units.
- 1.Go to Cloud & Enterprise Agents > Test Settings > Tests.
- 2.At the Add New Test button, click the dropdown arrow and select Add from Template.The Deploy New Template dialog appears.First step in the Deploy New Template dialog
- 3.Select the template you want.The next step in the dialog shows the Global Settings tab.Your settings in the Global Settings tab will apply to all the tests you are creating to the template you just selected.
- 4.Fill out the fields in the form.Second step in the Deploy New Template dialog
Make sure to give your test template a name. The name you provide here will be used as the test label that the template creates, which is applied to all the tests that the template creates.
- 5.Click Review Package.Final step in the Deploy New Template dialog
- 6.On the last screen of the Deploy New Template dialog, review the components you are about to create. Click Confirm and Deploy.
- 7.Look for the confirmation message that your template is successfully deployed.Once your test template is deployed, you can see its components in Cloud & Enterprise Agents > Test Settings > Tests.