Webex Control Hub Integration
Cisco's Webex Control Hub is the central interface to manage Webex organization, and users, assign Webex services, view their usage analytics, and more. When you use ThousandEyes together with Webex Control Hub, you get direct access to ThousandEyes path visualization data within Webex Control Hub. This helps network administrators identify root causes for negative participant experiences.
In this document, you can learn how to set up the integration of ThousandEyes and Webex Control Hub.
You need to ensure that the following conditions are met before starting the integration:
- ThousandEyes Endpoint Agent installed with version 1.120.0 or higher.
- Webex Desktop App Client installed locally and signed in.
- Access to the ThousandEyes API.
- User must have the following permissions:
- View endpoint data that identifies endpoint agents
- View endpoint data that identifies network
- View endpoint data that identifies users
To set up the integration for the first time:
- 1.Generate an
OAuth Bearertoken from your ThousandEyes Endpoint account and have it handy.
- 3.Toggle the Allow ThousandEye API access switch to on.
- 4.Paste the
OAuth Bearertoken that you've copied from the ThousandEyes User API Tokens section, in the pop-up window that appears.
There are different ways to test the integration, ThousandEyes recommends the following method:
- 2.Create a meeting, and copy a link to the meeting.
- 3.Join the meeting as a user either from the Webex Desktop App Client or the browser.
- 4.Join the meeting from your Cisco Webex account using the other method (if the first user uses the browser, then use the Webex Desktop App Client or the opposite).
- 5.Go back to the
Site Administrationpage, and select
Troubleshootingfrom the left-hand side.
- 6.Find your meeting using the conference ID (you can find it at the live meetings).
- 7.Select a user, if both users on the meeting are from the same machine, you can choose either.
- 8.Finally, toggle down the quality you are interested in, and you will see the data collected by the ThousandEyes Endpoint Agent in the meeting stats, see the below figures:
In scenarios, when you cross-launch from the Webex ControlHub Network Path into ThousandEyes platform, you are navigated to the Automated Session Tests view, found within the Endpoint Agents > Views section of the web application. The view is pre-filtered to the corresponding user and time segment from Webex Control Hub.
Automated Session Test