Scheduled Versus Instant Tests
ThousandEyes offers tests in Scheduled and Instant forms.
A Scheduled test will perform measurements periodically and visualize the results for the particular test round. A test round is one measurement cycle. Periodicity of test rounds is a user-configurable variable that can be selected and updated from the test configuration window by changing Interval. All Cloud and Enterprise Agent tests are available in Scheduled test forms. Endpoint Agents support Web HTTP Server and Agent to Server test in Scheduled test forms. A scheduled test round is similar to an instant test round for all tests except Page load and Transaction tests. For these two test types a scheduled version records a screenshot only if the test fails, while instant tests always record a screenshot.
Unlike the scheduled counterpart, an instant test performs the measurement only once. The visualization of collected instant test results is using the same views as scheduled tests, keeping the user experience uniform and simple. Changes can be made to an existing test and be run in an Instant form. The ThousandEyes Alerts feature is not available for instant tests. For guidance with instant tests, see Working with Instant Tests.
Note: BGP tests cannot be run in instant forms.
- 1.Clicking the Run Once button will preserve the current test configuration window and run an instant test in a new tab.
- 2.Clicking the Create New Test button will close the test configuration window and start running a scheduled test with configured settings.
- 1.Click Run Now in the existing test views.
- 2.Click Without changes to run an instant test with existing test settings.
- 3.Clicking the With changes option will open up a test configuration pop as below. Changes can be done here and click Run Now to run an instant test with these configurations.
Click Run Again (#1 below) to re-run an existing instant test.